ESOL AND ORIENTATION TUTOR
TITLE OF TENDER:
ESOL AND ORIENTATION TUTOR FOR THE “INTO THE MAINSTREAM” PROJECT (FUNDED BY THE EUROPEAN FUND – ASYLUM, MIGRATION AND INTEGRATION FUND – FOR THE INTEGRATION OF THIRD COUNTRY NATIONALS)
Into The Mainstream will provide English language and integration training to 918 eligible third-country people to aid their better integration into mainstream economic and social activity in Britain by September 2022. We will provide English language at pre-entry and entry level 1,2,3 through a eight week programme of English language training and confidence building; communication skills; personal finance, banks, bills, credit and insurance; shopping, cultural and leisure facilities, health, housing, education services, heritage visits and integrated IAG. In addition we will undertake award ceremonies, case studies, heritage and Employer/World-of-Work visits to employers, providing crèche facilities to ensure participation.
ESOL and Orientation Tutor Specification Requirement
This role will be key in supporting the project in the delivery of key outputs and outcomes. The role will ensure all the programme delivery, beneficiary records and impact evidence is as is required by the Home Office and European Commission rules and regulations. Key duties of this role include:
– Undertake all programme and lesson planning working with set plan;
– Undertake initial English language assessment to ensure appropriate level of programme content and eligibility;
– Deliver English language training innovatively;
– Undertake learner reviews for retention and recording progression.
– Plan deliver and report on your course, using methods and materials appropriate to the learners
– Identify/assess the needs of learners and if necessary adapt course content and delivery
– Offer advice on further learning and progression opportunities to learners as required.
– Ensure that all required paperwork, are completed and returned
Qualities Required From The Appointed ESOL and Orientation Tutor Officer:
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
– Must be well qualified ESOL tutors expert in their field and registered ILT;
– Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
– Able to motivate students and encourage participation.
– Able to design and deliver effective education/training.
– Able to manage administrative tasks effectively
– A qualification in the teaching subject offered or evidence of competence to teach it.
– A teaching qualification, preferably in adult education or training
The contract term is anticipated to be from 1 January 2020 to 30 September 2022 subject to requirement and satisfactory delivery. There is a possibility that this contract could be shortened due to factors related to the EU and the effectiveness of project delivery and securing this funding.
Payment for this service will be based upon a hourly rate following negotiation with the successful candidate.
Tender Time Scale
The following table details the anticipated timescale for the tender process.
|ITT document available to suppliers||26 November 2019|
|Return of Potential Candidates CVs||9 December 2019 at 5:00 pm|
|Khidmat Centre to make a decision on successful candidate||12 December 2019 (Telephone interviews may be arranged if successful at this stage)|
|Anticipated start date||From 1 January 2020|
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter describing how you would be suitable for this tender to (Please mention “Khidmat Centre ESOL” in your Subject heading):
Mr Ishtiaq Ahmed, Khidmat Centre
Phone: 01274 521792
by no later than 9 December 2019 at 5.00pm.
This project is part funded by the EU Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund.
Making management of migration flows more efficient across the European Union.